The SKB Task Force reviews all modelling work on fracture flow and solute transport made by the Äspö Hard Rock Laboratory. The SKB Task Force selects specific experiments made or to be performed by the Äspö Hard Rock Laboratory (HRL) for parallel modelling by more than one team participating in the SKB Task Force (TF). Selection of experiments must be performed in consultation with the Äspö HRL. Furthermore:
- The work in the TF is tied to the experimental work performed at Äspö and/or in-situ data from Äspö.
- The work is performed within the framework of well defined and focused Modelling Tasks. Several Modelling Teams should preferably address each Task.
- The TF tries to evaluate different concepts and modelling approaches. This is achieved by several Modelling Teams performing the same task followed by evaluation of the modelling work by the TF Delegates.
- The TF provides advice on experimental design to the Project Teams of the Äspö HRL. The Project Teams are responsible for carrying out experiments within the Äspö HRL. The interaction between the TF group and the Project Teams is also enhanced by optional modelling group meetings in addition to the TF meetings.
- The Modelling Tasks are designed to promote interaction between the Project Teams and the Modelling Teams. This requires a commitment from the Modelling Teams participating in a task to adhere to the Project time schedule and scope.
- The modelling approach of the Modelling Teams complements that of the Project Teams.